Catanduanes Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manoy

New
Reaction score
Just wonder if anybody been to this island and go for diving.

I am planning to do it one day, but I'm not sure where to do some tank refill.

No problem, I just need some info where is the nearest dive shop or any refill shop for my tanks.

how about hiring a hp compressor option, anybody knows where and how much it will cost? - manila and batangas area.

Please give me some idea.

many thanks in advance

Just returned from Catanduanes and did 4 dives with Dave of Catan Divers.

The diving: the 4 dives I did were reef diving, none or very mild current if at all. Some schooling fish, occasional spade fish, emperor angelfish, moorish idols... I noticed coral spawning during the day dives (we did not do night dives).
One particular dive site is so extensive and pristine, reminding me of Melissa's Garden at Raja Ampat. Tucked in among the reef is a huge anemone housing hundreds of clownfish. Dave christened this dive site "Nemo City" appropriately. Ask Dave to take you there, if you ever dive in Catanduanes.

The dive op: Dave is a conservative diver and well organized. He's got an air compressor; No nitrox. The dive boat can carry 2 divers without problem, but will be too crowded with more divers. Dave said he uses two dive boats if there are 4 or more divers. Donning BCD is in water. One puts on the weight belt, slide into the water and Dave and his crew assisted me putting on the BCD/tank.

Water temp: I was there end of October. Water was nice and warm.

Where to stay: We stayed at Twin Rocks Resort. Dave has an office there but is not open all the time. One needs to contact Dave for a meeting time. He'll pick you up at 0600 at the resort, drive to Brgy. Yocti, where you meet the dive boat. We did 2 dives in the morning. No afternoon dives due to winds. I don't know the dive schedule the rest of the year. There is diving at Twin Rocks Resort but Dave said : this time of the year, the visibility is not good.

Dave continues to explore new dive sites. So far, he's identified 20 of them.

PM me if there are questions about diving at Catanduanes. Dave's contact info is info@catandivers.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom