cat ppalu end of oct.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justadyver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
a small group we booked cat ppalu the last week of October. we are all +60 2 men 2 women wonder about wet suit thickness 3 mil, 5 mil,hood or beanie what would the water temp be?

I have been on the sister boat to Cat Ppalau, the Aquacat, at that time of year a few times. Water temps will likely be in the 75-79F range. I was fine in a 3mm wetsuit and occasionally wore a 3mm vest on top of that particularly for the last dive or two of the day. Heat loss tends to be cumulative so if you are OK at a certain temp early in the week, you might find it a little chilly by the end of the week. Now, that was me. We also had a female onboard who wore a 5mm suit with a hooded vest all week.

It really depends on what each person's individual tolerance to cold is, but I would recommend that if you plan on going with a 3mm wetsuit, bring along a vest "just in case". I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom