Casio Sea Pathfinder Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spog

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I was looking for an inexpensive watch to dive in and I came across the Sea Pathfinder which incorporates a depth gauge

http://world.casio.com/asia/wat/collections/sea_pathfinder/
(the twin-sensor models)

It crossed my mind that as I currently use rental gear, this would make a handy backup depth gauge (and one that I could use to mentally calibrate the rental one)

I know that it only senses to 30m, but I'm still a newbie, so that's not a problem (and after-all, it's not going to be my main gauge).

Anyone got any experience of these?

Thanks

spog

This watch is not suited for scuba diving and you shouldn't trust your life to it. If you don't have your own gear, you should focus on that and not on getting backup.
I recommend you get a computer instead. The Veo 100 is only $40 more at LP than this watch and will be a lot more useful to you.

Thanks for that.

Seems like good solid advice. I guess I was getting carried away by the fact that I am now entitled to buy a diver's watch and not be labelled a 'poser'.

The VEO probably won't look as good when worn around the bars, but function is more important than looks.

Thanks again

spog

Anytime a watch is rated to 100 meters, as is the Sea Pathfinder, it should only be used for snorkeling. Genuine diving watches are rated to 200 meters or more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom