Carry on Dive Bag PLEASE HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy107@gmail.com

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey everyone, im looking for a new bag for all my stuff that i could use as a carry on if possible, it needs to fit something along the lines of a scubapro seahawk BC, regulators, mask, fins, all that stuff, including a 7mm wetsuit, i was looking at the scubapro dive n roll or the porter, if anyone has those bags, are they big enough to fit everything and still be used as a carry on? also if you have any other suggestions for bags, as long as it has wheels, will fit all my stuff and hopefully be small enough to go as a carry on, Thanks

I have a friend that has one of these. He carried all his gear in it to Cozumel. I don't know if your BC or fins would fit in it. He has a Zuma BC and the Aqualung Hot Shot fins and a 3ml wet suit.

Departure Bag Carry-On

I have a Dive Caddy and can get everything in it just like they advertise.

For airline travel to dive destinations, you shouldn't be limiting your luggage choices to gear from scuba manufacturers.
Any old roll-aboard will do.

The more important question is whether your fins and BCD are small enough to fit inside of a bag that meets carry-on dimensions (22 x 14 x 9 in. or 45 linear inches). Note that some international flights might be even more restrictive when it comes to carry-on bag sizing.

In most cases, airlines will permit each traveler one carry-on bag and a personal item. In past years, I've packed my reg, mask, UW camera housing (for a small P&S camera), and computer into one carry-on and didn't bother with the "personal item" bag. The rest of my gear was packed in checked luggage. At the time, the international airlines allowed at least one "free" piece of checked luggage per traveler. Not sure if this is still the case.

For carry on MEI voyager- fits all my gear: 2xl 5mm full, BC, regulator, apollo Bio fins large, mask, hood, gloves, and boots ~30 pounds.

The MEI Voyageur Back-Pack - First choice of the seasoned world traveler

Recomended:
Leisure Travel Bags :: One Bag

From their site:
The MEI Voyageur Back-Pack - First choice of the seasoned world traveler
"My current choice in this category is the MEI "Voyageur" pack (pictured above), which is 22 × 14 × 9 inches (maximum permitted carryon size), made of 1000 denier Cordura with an interior urethane coating, and has a parallel stay internal aluminum frame. The hip belt and shoulder harness are lined with nylon knit, and padded with closed cell foam; these zip out of sight for carryon use, and a more "luggage-like" appearance

For airline travel to dive destinations, you shouldn't be limiting your luggage choices to gear from scuba manufacturers.
Any old roll-aboard will do.

The more important question is whether your fins and BCD are small enough to fit inside of a bag that meets carry-on dimensions (22 x 14 x 9 in. or 45 linear inches). Note that some international flights might be even more restrictive when it comes to carry-on bag sizing.

In most cases, airlines will permit each traveler one carry-on bag and a personal item. In past years, I've packed my reg, mask, UW camera housing (for a small P&S camera), and computer into one carry-on and didn't bother with the "personal item" bag. The rest of my gear was packed in checked luggage. At the time, the international airlines allowed at least one "free" piece of checked luggage per traveler. Not sure if this is still the case.

I like the Aqua Lung bags because of their warranty. I had a bag that did not handle the weight of scuba gear very well. The wheel fell off of it and I ended up dragging it through the airport. The Aqua Lung bags are covered even for airline mishandling.

I like the Aqua Lung bags because of their warranty. I had a bag that did not handle the weight of scuba gear very well. The wheel fell off of it and I ended up dragging it through the airport. The Aqua Lung bags are covered even for airline mishandling.
Ever had to test that Aqualung warranty?

Costco has a generous return/refund policy. I used it on a piece of luggage once. I was surprised how easy the whole process was: 2 minutes at the register, a short explanation of the issue, and a prompt refund.
I wonder how that compares to the Aqualung warranty refund/replacement process...

Ever had to test that Aqualung warranty?

Costco has a generous return/refund policy. I used it on a piece of luggage once. I was surprised how easy the whole process was: 2 minutes at the register, a short explanation of the issue, and a prompt refund.
I wonder how that compares to the Aqualung warranty refund/replacement process...

No but there is a thread on scubaboard. I think a lot would depend on where you bought it.

I too am a fan of Costco and their liberal return policy. I have used it a few times, not because the product was bad but because I decided I just didn't like it.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/aqua-lung/389337-gear-bag-warranty.html

Thanks for all the help guys, i just got back from a dive trip to Florida, and thats why i was thinking carry on bag, but for the majority of my diving i will be in my own state, so if anyone has any ideas on a bag that will fit a scubapro seahawk bc, sea wing nova fins, plus all the other normal dive gear (mask, snorkel, regs etc.) also with a 7mm wetsuit.

i was thinking somewhere a long the lines of a scubapro porter bag, because its big and will fit all my gear (i think) while still being on wheels and easy to get around, i like the idea of the dive caddy, but i would prefer more of a roller bag style that doesnt necessarily have to be a carry on

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom