Carry-On AKB 176?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Downing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I see that a major online scuba retailer is listing the AKB 176 Carry-On as a "closeout." Does this mean Akona's planning to discontinue this bag?

If so, any word on the replacement?

My wife and I each have our own AKB 176 and really like this bag. I would be tempted to run out and buy two backups, but after three years of service, lots of trips both diving and not, and thousands of miles, neither bag is showing any signs of wear. I think they're good to go for many years to come.

My only knock, and maybe this is the problem if there is one, is that sometimes the bag was too thick to fit in an overhead compartment. That issue was easily solved by removing the reg bag from the dedicated reg pocket and stashing it under the seat.

In any case, I hate to see such a good bag go. Well designed and well built.

Thank you for your comments about our products. We still have stock of the Carry On Roller so we have not marked it close out but as with all of our products may be making improvements in the future. No word yet on if/when the revised version will be out but stay tuned as we will keep you up to date on our web page. We are glad to hear your Akona products are holding up well.
Safe diving,
Team Akona

Back
Top Bottom