Carnival cruise dive op- Puerto Vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FF-EMT Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone know who Carnival is using for the cruise ship dives in this port? Looking to grab a day of diving here. I have my eye set to go with PV ocean tours, but the Uber ride is kind of long.

Thank you for any help!

Take the uber ride.

My dives in PV were not from a cruise ship stop but I did go out with Vallarta Adventures and it was a cattle boat combined with snorkelers. Might have been a short single tank dive even. Long slow boat trip ride out to Isla Marietas which didn't seem worth it.

Next day went out with Chico's dive shop which is right on the beach and used good sized boats. Dove Los Arcos which was a nice site. The benefits there was the car ride to the shop offset time that would have been spent on a slow bouncing boat and the after dive time was spent wandering around town there which was nice. I can recommend Chico's.

Go PV Ocean Tours, leave the cattle boats to the suckers. Give them a call they are supper helpful! Dove with them 3 days July 4th weekend.

Hopefully it will be a day you can hit one of the dive sites the rest of the cruisers aren't at.

Scuba Diving in Puerto Vallarta | PADI | PV Ocean Tours

Agreed. Unfortunately there is not a bunch of information on diving the area on the board so I try to help out when I can. From my experience and what is listed on Carnival's website the cattle boat s go to Marietas so make sure that is not your destination that day

@martincohn any site recommendations? I only dove Marietas and Los Arcos. Los Arcos is considered a beginner site but I enjoyed it regardless.

martincohn any site recommendations?

We were in PV July 4th weekend. I liked the dive at Los Arcos as well, plus lot easier to see Blue Footed Booby there then the Galapagos! They are all over the place.

Devils Canyon at Los Arcos was interesting. I was diving 1 on 1 with Marc, the owner. Was a break for him as well since they don't get a lot of folks that dive there (depth/cert). We hit 119 fsw. Best part it was just him and I in the water as far as we could see. Saw a smaller (juvenile?) Manta off in the distance. Other divers I talked to that were out with other ops had seen several Mantas at another site further out in the bay the day before.

I dove 3 days of 2 tank dives along the south side of the bay. We hit Los Arcos, Majahuitas, and Yalapa. Just how my available dive days worked with our time there. A lot of it was similar but saw lots of critters. It was just fun relaxing time blowing bubbles. Wouldn't call it destination diving but if you are there definitely go blow bubbles!

We plan to go down to PV pretty regularly now and I still need to go hit some of the other spots. Will definitely dive the Devils Canyon again. Family (I'm the only diver) like the location and there is some history involved. Would be cool to go when the whales are migrating through the area!

Thank you all! Will go with PV ocean tours. I appreciate the input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom