Carmel/Monterey Pics 7/13/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Back to Carmel Ridge off the Butterfly House
More Hermissendas out this weekend.
P7130005-01cropsm.jpg

P7130007-01cropsm.jpg

Purple Ringtop Snail
P7130016-01cropsm.jpg

Cadlina Modesta
P7130029-01cropsm.jpg

Not to be confused with these, from Shale Island off Del Monte Beach

Cadlina Flavomaculata (note the dark brown rhinophores)
P7130065-01cropsm.jpg

and Cadlina Sparsa (note the orange brown centers on some of the spots that extend forward beyond the rhinophores)
P7130080-01cropsm.jpg

All of those guys were about half an inch long.

Pair of Monterey Dorids (Doris Montereyensis)
P7130039-01cropsm.jpg

There were hundreds of these little Olive Rockfish Fry, along with what might have been some Gopher Rockfish Fry as well.
P7130046-01cropsm.jpg

A Scalyhead Sculpin
P7130052-01cropsm.jpg

and a Snubnose Sculpin
P7130036-01cropsm.jpg

Won't even try on this one, there are too many lookalikes. (Edit) OK, I'm going out on a limb and calling it a Stripefin Ronquil in the spotted color phase.
P7130047-01cropsm.jpg

and Finally, the Big Fellas
A Lingcod
P7130058-01cropsm.jpg

and I even managed to sneak up on this male Kelp Greenling
P7130075-01sm.jpg

A great day of diving. Even had some Spinner Dolphins in the harbor. Too far for pics, though.

Last edited:
Thats it Larry.....

Just rub it in Brother.....:D

Your pictures are stunning Larry....

Keep up the fantastic work my friend!!

Those are truley your work, Nice shots!

Andy & Jim, as always, you're too kind.

Very nice photos. I love micro diving. It is the little things that are so impressive. Plus the cracks hold so much life. I rarely dive Monterey, but these (&%&^%* pictures make me want to do the drive more often :)

Terrific Larry. You really know how to live!! Love your photos and your commentary. Would be nice to meet you in person some day. I am going to spend tomorrow and Thursday diving in Morro Bay, why don't you stop by and say hello??? Regards, ++Ken++

Thanks Peter. It's worth the trip.
Thanks Ken. I probably can't make it this time, as it's about a 5 hour drive from up here in Livermore, and my 60 year old truck has a radiator designed for a 235ci six, not the 350 V8 thats in there. In fact, with my motorcycle down, I'm trying to figure out how I'll get down there for the PE conference, first week of August. If there's a chance you'll be in town, maybe I'll haul my dive gear down to SLO this time. The conference is Aug. 3-8. I go down on 8/2 for volunteer orientation, because I'm helping out with it. That means I could probably stay over an extra day and dive on Sat. 8/9. Why don't you PM me some contact info, and if I can make it down this week or you can make it up for the second weekend in Aug. we can get together.

The first Nudi is AMAZING!!!! great work Larry.

great pic as always larry love the last one of the green ling there so hard to get pic of they always seem to be on the run

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom