Caribe Blu and Ivan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of Caribe Blu fans on this board. Just FYI the hotel had a little damage. The pier was damaged, lost one corner and the top surface was partially forced up and back. Bottom floor rooms got wet, but all glass ect intact. Nothing that some mops and brooms won t cure. Lots of salt water and sand in the pool, debris around the grounds ect. But all should be well in a day or two. The pier might be a problem, we ll see if boats are willing to use it or not.

Hope to be diving soon.

Rich

Thanks for the update sddiver. The damage on Coz could have been much worse. It looks like Cuba wasn't hit as hard as originally predicted either. I hope Florida, Alabama & Louisiana are lucky too.

I saw Jeannie yesterday and they are already in the process of repairing the pier. And trust me, everything is a process here. Believe it or not, permits have to be obtained to rebuild what was already there. Fortunately, she doesn't expect too much of a delay since it was in fact already there and the damage was a result of an act of God. This will put them high on the priority list. They will have everything back to normal as soon as humanly possible.

They have immediate plans to make the undamaged section of the pier accessible by small boats until the full repair is completed.

The sidewalk will be part of the pier repair; however, there is an alternate way for divers to walk down to the pier.

The hotel looks good other than that. The beach area is fine and the shore area is still accessible for shore diving, and of course the pool is being cleaned.

Caribe Blue is fine, so no need to worry about your vacation plans if you have reservations there!

Back
Top Bottom