Caribbean Family trip: Which one do you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DougD72

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
In Jan 2025 we are doing a 7-10 day family trip. Two divers and two non-divers.
Im considering either Turks and Caicos Beaches Resort since the diving is included or Curacao (Marriott or Sunscape).
Mandatory needs are:
  1. Good diving
  2. Great local food options (I hate traveling and then being fed nothing but American/Western food).
  3. Good snorkeling for the non-divers.
  4. Great shore activities also for the non-divers or on non-divers days.
Kids are age 5 and 12.
Thoughts?

Edit: Have also been considering Little Cayman and Cayman Brac, so I thought I would include that in the running as well.

I dove at South Caicos and the diving was okay. I spent a week in Curaçao last month and the diving was fabulous. Ocean Encounters was the dive operator, and they are first-rate. However, I suggest you stay at Lions Dive rather than Sunscape. Lions Dive is not AI, while Sunscape is, but we encountered multiple problems with dismissive/ untrained staff and observed some questionable food handling. Lots of people were complaining about a/c problems in rooms, cleanliness issues, etc. Check Trip Advisor. We dove on a boat with folks from Lions Dive and they were pleased with accommodations and restaurant t choices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom