Car rental for Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sask

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There seems to be lots of reviews here for diving and all things related so I don’t think I have anything more to add other than we had a great time and did some beautiful dives. I did rent a car and as sometimes happens I was a little apprehensive and wary renting outside North America. I am not sure why that is as I have done it many times and have never had an issue.

There were five of us doing different things so we rented two cars from Just Drive Curacao Autoverhuur Curacao | Rent a Car Curacao | Just Drive Curacao Car Rental | Auto Huren Curacao for our ten day stay. Our insurance was included in our costs and we paid cash to avoid the credit card surcharge. We were picked up at the airport to save the airport surcharge on rentals and driven the short distance to the Just Drive office, on return they met us at passenger drop off at 6:00 AM with smiles. We were warned not to drown the key fob as there would be a $40 fee involved (yes this is a fore shadow).

So I drowned the key fob (long story) and the car alarm wouldn’t shut off without it. It would stop after a minute or two but then start again if we tried to use the car. We called the rental agency which is out by the airport and they delivered a new fob to the Jan Thiel area which is quite a drive. Other than a bit of deserved ribbing that was the only grief I received from taking an hour or more from this man’s day.

Later in the trip when we returned to our car one day someone and but a decent size dent in the back fender. When we returned our cars I showed the dent and was told no problem we will take car of it.

Being a bit of a pessimist I checked my credit card bill regularly to see if I would be taking care of it. But the only charge ever was the $40 for the key fob which still makes me feel bad I took so much time from someone’s day for my stupid mistake.

Although this has turned into a long story I think good service deserves recognition and we had great service. I would highly recommend Just Drive Curacao.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom