Car key storage during shore dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weatherproof master lock from Amazon locked to the suspension spring is another method I heard of. Bit of a pricey option at £45

Attachments

• 4C75C9F0-99C7-4EFC-967A-CD43E369D4C8.png
    4C75C9F0-99C7-4EFC-967A-CD43E369D4C8.png
    176.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 0049E66E-E308-48EE-A50E-E55FB299B89A.png
    0049E66E-E308-48EE-A50E-E55FB299B89A.png
    262.7 KB · Views: 68
I do shore dives in a drysuit regularly. I am looking to understand how others manage their car keys …..I am hoping to have an external storage solution rather than in my undergarment layer.
Thanks in advance for any solutions/perspectives offered!
I had a simple vanity key cut that just unlocks the doors. Easy to take with me on a string around my neck under the suit. No muss, no fuss.

I had a simple vanity key cut that just unlocks the doors. Easy to take with me on a string around my neck under the suit. No muss, no fuss.

Same except I attached a bolt snap to the key, and clip it off in my pocket.

Just bought a 2022 Subaru Outback…. The key fob can be turned off so it can be secured in the glove box or in the car in general and the emergency key can be removed from the fob to carry during the dive and open the driver’s door afterwards.

-Z

Just bought a 2022 Subaru Outback…. The key fob can be turned off so it can be secured in the glove box or in the car in general and the emergency key can be removed from the fob to carry during the dive and open the driver’s door afterwards.

-Z

That is convenient, I put mine in a RFID blocked bag, and lock the doors with the button.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom