Captain James "Ken" Rosemond Passing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlskill1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Morehead City NC dive boat Captain James Rosemond passed away this past weekend. He owned and operated Tortuga Charters. Munden Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. Condolences to his family. A sad loss to the Coastal NC diving community.

I was shocked and saddened to learn of his passing. My condolences to his wife and children.

I dove exclusively with Tortuga Charters and stayed in the bunk house whenever I was in Morehead.

The captain was a generous man. He knew the water well, and on several occasions, he read the conditions so well, we were the only boat at the sites while the other boats called the day's dive.

On one return trip, the captain woke us up to watch a humpback whale breach the water.

He will be sorely missed.

Dove with him before he started the charter business. Surprising and sad news.

I also done with him in the early years. I have a signed copy of his book, maybe I should get it out and reread it. Sad news.

Wow... I was JUST reading an old thread on here last week in which he had participated (can't remember which one) ... had me thinking about some Carolina wreck diving...that led me to his website. I even read the page about "The Captain". Seemed like a great guy. Condolences to his family and friends.

Did not have the opportunity to meet him but from his participation on SB and his reputation I had hopes of diving with him some day.

Tortuga James

Very sad and unexpected. I was just talking to him last week.

I have used his charter boat exclusively for past few years in North Carolina and considered Ken (Capt James) a good friend. He will be sorely missed!

Back
Top Bottom