Cape town in June wetsuit requirements ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be diving around Cape Town at the end of June this year. Wondering what mm wetsuit to get?

---------- Post added March 9th, 2014 at 04:43 PM ----------

By the way is it blue or green water. Red or magenta filters for camera?

June's right in the middle of winter. Most of the diving will be on the False Bay side of the Cape Peninsula at that time of year. You can expect water temperatures between 10 and 15C (50--60F). The air temperatures are somewhere around 60F in the mornings when you'll most likely dive, so a bit chilly too. I'd recommend at least a two-piece 7mm wetsuit, but a drysuit wouldn't be wasted.

The water's generally green.

This is a useful site with a lot of info on diving in Cape Town: Diving the Cape Peninsula and False Bay ? Travel guide at Wikivoyage

I have just returned for Cape Town and the water was 14C. we wore 5mm long suit with 5mm shortie over, hood gloves and boots. We dived for 45 min and I was chilly when we got back to the boat. I think I'd ratehr use a dry suit TBH

I dived with Pisces Divers and would recommend them too (was recommended them by a member on here)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom