Cape Cod lobster diver swallowed by whale, ejected

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geppetto?

First the alligator attacked a diver, then the croc, and now whales...

240_F_249242423_274olN1lU5DUAaJj7f2deURYu1Qlwa5o.jpg

Can you imagine?

0bf18795-d94b-4837-8204-f2f9b1414e62-Whale_Guy3.jpg

“All of a sudden, I felt this huge shove and the next thing I knew it was completely black,” Packard recalled Friday afternoon following his release from Cape Cod Hospital. “I could sense I was moving, and I could feel the whale squeezing with the muscles in his mouth.”

Initially, Packard thought he was inside a great white shark, but he couldn’t feel any teeth and he hadn’t suffered any obvious wounds. It dawned on him that he’d been swallowed.

First the alligator attacked a diver, then the croc, and now whales...
'
I wouldn't say attacked. Sounds like a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or diving in the midst of a bunch of whale food during whale season. I've gone on P-town whale-watching tours and the humpbacks are fairly predictable. They find an upwelling where the sand eels and other delicious stuff concentrate and gorge themselves. I'm guessing they don't care for neoprene.

Can you imagine?

View attachment 664814

“All of a sudden, I felt this huge shove and the next thing I knew it was completely black,” Packard recalled Friday afternoon following his release from Cape Cod Hospital. “I could sense I was moving, and I could feel the whale squeezing with the muscles in his mouth.”

Initially, Packard thought he was inside a great white shark, but he couldn’t feel any teeth and he hadn’t suffered any obvious wounds. It dawned on him that he’d been swallowed.

Unbaleenvable!

Jonah!

Back
Top Bottom