Can't wait to get it wet!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was down at Fair Park, Dallas yesterday doing some architectural photography, and decided to break out the new DX-2G, (thanks again Jesse).

I've been shooting the DX-5000 for several years and decided since I can't afford to house and light kit my DLSR just yet, to move up to the 12MegPix version of the Sea&Sea compact.

Boy, this little sucker is nice! It has many features that my Nikon D200 has, many more than the 5000, including a RAW capability. It even makes a .jpeg along with the .DGN (RAW) file, like my D200.

It has a "Sea&Sea" preset for underwater shooting, very interested in trying that one along side my manual uw settings. a seperate macro mode, and 3 "my" settings for personal set-ups.

The on-board flash is a pop-up, the lcd screen is much larger than the 5000, the camera has no view finder at all, depending soley on the lcd screen for composition and it comes with it's own cute little lens cover to help keep the 'ol lens dust free.

Although I haven't been able to get in the water yet, due to my left ear healing from barotrauma and I'm land locked and would have to get into a lake :shocked2: since the Dallas Aquarium is under renovation, I've been very happy with some of the results I've come up with above the surface.

Here's a macro from yesterday...
10412-Dragonfly-sm.jpg

These guys don't hold still any better than fish do!!!

Back
Top Bottom