Answered: Can't post on the classifieds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akdeepdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Morning,
I have been a member and posting on the forum for years. I have also sold many items in the classified section. Today I went on to it in order to post a Ad, and I am not allowed because it says I have insufficient posts. Did something change? Is this a glitch in the system? Can someone look into this and let me know.

V/R
Myles TenBroeck
akdeepdiver

tanktest@gmail.com

Click on your profile (your name in the upper right of the page)
Select "Preferences"

1724336601942.png

Scroll down a bit until you come to "Opt-in Forums", and it's the first one there. Select it and then the mods will have to add you. This step been added to help cut down on Scammers and Spammers. Probably best to read or re-read this post: How to Avoid Scams on ScubaBoard... Clicky, clicky.

1724336764682.png

[
Click on your profile (your name in the upper right of the page)
Select "Preferences"

Scroll down a bit until you come to "Opt-in Forums", and it's the first one there. Select it and then the mods will have to add you. This step been added to help cut down on Scammers and Spammers. Probably best to read or re-read this post: How to Avoid Scams on ScubaBoard... Clicky, clicky.

Can we get a sticky with these instructions on the classifieds boards? Also, why was (seemingly) everyone opted out of Marketplace?

[

Can we get a sticky with these instructions on the classifieds boards? Also, why was (seemingly) everyone opted out of Marketplace?
Yeah, we're working on new verbiage in there. As for opting everyone "out", it's a new category that no has ever belonged to. We certainly didn't want to opt-in the scammers by making a mass import.

Yeah, we're working on new verbiage in there. As for opting everyone "out", it's a new category that no has ever belonged to. We certainly didn't want to opt the scammers in by making a mass import.

Got it, appreciate the info.

Came here for the same thing, thanks for the lesson! I updated and saved my preferences but still cannot post. Maybe it takes some time to take effect?

Came here for the same thing, thanks for the lesson! I updated and saved my preferences but still cannot post. Maybe it takes some time to take effect?
It does appear you opted in to Marketplace and have a good number of posts in discussion threads. There might indeed be a lag.

Indeed, it does. You'll be individually vetted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom