Can't ignore a forum host.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikemill

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Sorry, XXXX is a ScubaBoard Administrator, Advisor or Moderator and you are not allowed to ignore him or her. XXXX may also be a Forum Host. Please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team for assistance.

Took a look and the person in question is a "forum host" for a regional sub-board that I couldn't care less about. IMO that position shouldn't preclude a user from ignoring them in other boards.

Can this please be changed?

Thanks

I agree. I tried to put a forum host on 'ignore' and was only able to do so with special permission. Is it possible to include sponsors, too, please?

I agree. I tried to put a forum host on 'ignore' and was only able to do so with special permission. Is it possible to include sponsors, too, please?

You can't ignore a sponsor??? I have a funny feeling several people have me on ignore.....

afaik it's a default setting board-wide and not user selectable by group type.

[-]I think I can override it for specific individuals in your account profile.

PM with who you would like to ignore and we can try it.[/-]

After testing it turns out that I can't for forum hosts as they are considered part of the staff.

Last edited:
Just to clear it up, I was able to ignore you (and then remove you from the ignore list).
ScubaSteve must be special then. :wink: I just tried it again with another sponsor and I got the can't ignore message.

Took a look and the person in question is a "forum host" for a regional sub-board that I couldn't care less about. IMO that position shouldn't preclude a user from ignoring them in other boards.

Can this please be changed?

Thanks

It's possible to ignore anyone.

See.

ScubaSteve must be special then. :wink: I just tried it again with another sponsor and I got the can't ignore message.

Check ScubaBoard - Who's Who on SB? and make sure that person isn't on the list. There are an ungodly number of forum hosts. There is no sane reason why we should have to see their posts outside of that board if we don't want to.

Check ScubaBoard - Who's Who on SB? and make sure that person isn't on the list. There are an ungodly number of forum hosts. There is no sane reason why we should have to see their posts outside of that board if we don't want to.

Anyone else love the irony of someone working hard to go out of their way to proactively ignore someone?

:cool2:

ignore-new-negatives.gif

Anyone else love the irony of someone working hard to go out of their way to proactively ignore someone?

:cool2:

ignore-new-negatives.gif

Hah! A few minutes of inconvience for hours... days of future enjoyment... trust me, it's worth it. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom