Can't "Go Back" in IE 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shasta_man

Contributor
Reaction score
No work required here.

I'll report I recently started having trouble using the Back button. It either works correctly on the first click, or just works intermittently, or not at all. However, I've seen this on more than just this site, so I don't believe it is site specific to here. Just adding to the list of issues people might report on IE 10, but which don't appear to be site specific. (Strangely, my Enter button is working for this message though it usually doesn't work to add CRs due to IE10.)

Do you know how to click on the back button to see your recent history? If so, you may notice a plethora of advertising, or who knows what, redirect pages. When you hit the back button you're just going back to one of those. I see this often with ScubaBoard and occasionally on other forums I frequent. To break that loop sometimes clicking on a specific page helps, though often I just close the tab and start over.

This is a problem that is a known issue for users of Internet Explorer. It has nothing really to do with ScubaBoard:

Here's one suggestion from a source...

Fix Back Button Not Working in Internet Explorer

If you google "internet explorer back button not working" there are about 2 million results.

My suggestion is to use a browser that works more often than not, like Chrome.

Also, as for the Carriage Return in IE10. That should work fine now on SB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom