Can’t find saved draft...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReadyTo Dive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I wrote half of a trip report a few days ago and came back today to work on it some more and now I am unable to find it/it appears to be gone. Is there a certain folder/spot I should be looking in? It was a trip report for Bonaire but now when I click post thread in the Bonaire subforum it no longer appears... Thank you in advance for any help.

Sorry--I know how it feels to have lost work. And I don't have an answer to the technical question. When I write a trip report I do it offline, then copy it into SB, because I don't entirely trust the "save draft" feature here.

Sorry--I know how it feels to have lost work. And I don't have an answer to the technical question. When I write a trip report I do it offline, then copy it into SB, because I don't entirely trust the "save draft" feature here.

Thank you, I suspect you are correct and it is completely gone. I had put quite alot of work into it too, too much to start over/do it all again. The only reason I stopped initially is because I had to reached my attachment limit (15? photos) so if I ever do another one I will definitely take your advice and do it in Microsoft Word/something similar first and then just copy and paste it. Thanks again.

I have not been able to figure out how long drafts are saved, but it does not appear to be tied to elapsed time.

You are far better off writing drafts in the Testing Forum and either asking a ScubaBoard Staff member to move it to your desired forum when it is ready or copy & paste the BB-code to avoid losing formatting.

There is no 24 hour limit to edit the post, the thread is saved like a normal thread, it does not show in the New Posts views, and is not indexed by search engines. It is not totally private, but there is nothing to attract attention to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom