Can't delete photo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Had a weird thing happen while posting this morning. I wrote THIS post. I was looking for a suitable "with this" photo, and initially chose the cave picture at the bottom of the screen. But i found another I liked better, so I went back, deleted the original photo, and replaced it with the second picture. But the original cave photo didn't go away! And when I went back to edit the post, there is no code in the post that should reference or include that photo, so I can't figure out how to get rid of it -- I see two "ATTACH" lines, both of which refer to the small photographs that I do want, but nothing that appears to be bringing in the cave picture. Can anybody else figure out what's going on?

Click edit posts
Click go advanced
scroll down to manage attachments. click that
The photo editor will pop up. Hover your mouse in the upper right corner of the pic you wish to delete. The X button will appear. click that
Save changes.

That should fix it

Click edit posts
Click go advanced
scroll down to manage attachments. click that
The photo editor will pop up. Hover your mouse in the upper right corner of the pic you wish to delete. The X button will appear. click that
Save changes.

That should fix it

Same thing happened to me the other day and I followed the exact steps you outlined above, but it still would not delete.

Finally I gave up and PM'ed a mod!

Well, it did work for me, but I'm still scratching my head as to where the code or language or whatever you want to call it that inserts the photograph actually WENT when I carefully deleted it. Guess I'll have to preview any post with a picture in it, from now on.

Well, it did work for me, but I'm still scratching my head as to where the code or language or whatever you want to call it that inserts the photograph actually WENT when I carefully deleted it. Guess I'll have to preview any post with a picture in it, from now on.

the attach code just makes it a thumbnail as near as I can tell. Once you upload the photo, it will still show up on the post as an attachment unless you manually delete it, whether the attach code is in the post or not.

Back
Top Bottom