Can't connect Zoop to DM5 with windows 10. Any alternatives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim2

New
Reaction score
Hello all - new here.

I've just bought the USB cable for my old Zoop with the intention of downloading some dive profiles. Unfortunately it isn't working as expected. I've downloaded DM5 but the option to add a new device is greyed out - and investigating further, although the Zoop is showing as a USB connected device, windows says the drivers are incomplete.

Anyone else experienced this issue and have any workarounds been found? I did use the search function but could not find anything specific.

Thanks

Jim

First thing you need to do is realize that Suunto's DM5 software is trash. I tried using it for a while before I got utterly frustrated with connectivity issues. Do as I and a lot of others have done; ditch it and get a good log app such as Subsurface (free download) or any number of other free or paid 3rd party apps. I use Subsurface and have connected Suunto Gekko, Zoop, Vyper, Vyper Air, and Vyper Novo as well as Oceanic computers.

There are plenty of posts about this in the Suunto section.

For the good of the order:

Spent about 2 weeks chasing this issue with a Zoop Novo with Suunto and my computer shop.

This is the answer from my computer shop who troubleshot the issue with Lenovo Premium Support consultation

My wife's 3 year old Mac: Works great
My old (2015) Lenovo with windows 32/64 bit processor: works great.
The computer shop's 2 - 3 year old Lenovo with 32/64 bit processor: Works great
My 2021 Lenovo running 64 bit processor Windows 10: Zilch

Their conclusion: The Suunto supplied USB driver (2014) is outdated and will not work with a 64 bit processor.

I have supplied this info to Sunnto... crickets.

Any news on this topic? I have a similar problem. I've tryied to connect Zoop Novo and D6i with no succes. I don't have access to 32bit system:(

Using win10 64bit. The Suunto screen says "data transfer" but DM5 doesn't see it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom