Canon XTI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jrock1062

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello I was looking at buying the Canon XTI Rebel and was wondering does anyone use this model ? do they make a housing for it ? recomendations draw backs, any info would be help thanks all :D

I don't own the XTi, but to answer the question, LOTS of folks use this camera. It has received lots of good reviews and I think a few awards even. I've held it and shot test shots with it at the store, and it carries a lot of nice features in a small package. It's compact size makes it nice for underwater use, and there are a few choices for housings. I seriously considered this camera with the SeaTool housing, but wound up purchasing a video camera instead and I'm now saving up for the next gen of digital cameras.

You can read about the SeaTool here:

Welcome to Seatool USA!

There are other reviews of this housing here on ScubaBoard, so I'd suggest doing a search and read opinions from other users. Ikelite also makes a housing which is a bit less expensive, and I think Sea and Sea and Nexus also make housings.

Oh and here's a link to a thread that addresses the same question:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/canon-corner/235951-housing-rebel-xti.html

You will find it a very common choice. I have had mine for about 4 months now, with an ike housing and Inon strobes, and I love it. Being an outgoing model, it is worth looking for deals on 2nd hand gear, I got my whole setup at less than half the newprixe. And it takes aesome shots, even with a crap photographer like me.

You will find it a very common choice. I have had mine for about 4 months now, with an ike housing and Inon strobes, and I love it. Being an outgoing model, it is worth looking for deals on 2nd hand gear, I got my whole setup at less than half the newprixe. And it takes aesome shots, even with a crap photographer like me.

Z which model do you have ? I have a dell gift card that expires end of June i was looking at the 10 mega pixel model i thought that was the new model and geez can the housings cost any more money holy crap :11:

Z which model do you have ? I have a dell gift card that expires end of June i was looking at the 10 mega pixel model i thought that was the new model and geez can the housings cost any more money holy crap :11:

I have the XTi (400D). The new model is the XSi(450D), it is 12mp, the the only real advantage for underwater use is the larger viewfinder. As I said, look for housings on ebay or in the classifieds section of this, or other UW related websites.

Z...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom