Canon Ultrasonic 100mm magnifier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

studioliquido

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi All,

What are the best options for a Canon Ultrasonic 100mm magnifier?
I use Sea&Sea Housing and shot mainly on manual focus, I've seen some very affordable options like Subsee at reefnet.ca

Thanks for your help,

HUH? I don't know what an ultrasonic magnifier is. What camera is in your Sea and Sea housing. If you mean an add on lens for the 100 mm macro lens there are several ways to go. If you mean going past 1:1 to do supermacro that can also be done. But I am not sure there is an ultrasonic magnifier.

Bill

Hi Bill,
I have a Canon 40D with a 60mm & 100mm.( this lenses are Canon ultrasonic)
I'd like to do super macro, I've seen some options like dry magnifiers and wet magnifiers, I'm considering this wet magnifiers, What is your suggestion ?
Thanks for you help.

Bill, I think he is calling the Canon 100mm macro lens a 100mm ultrasonic, because it has USM.

For the 100mm there are several options for wet and dry diopters. The Subsee and macromate are good choices for a flip-out wet diopter. There's several threads here on the subsee. You can also read about various super-macro diopters and teleconverters.

hope this helps
Scott

WOW !!
Thanks a lot Scott, I'm really amazed with your Underwater Photography guide,very helpful. I found all the answers I was looking for.
I think I will go for the Subsee, I like the results I've seen.
Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom