Canon SX200 IS housing (6148.20)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i see M A G I C - F I L T E R S advertised quite a lot...would be interested to see how a "normal" person does with them and what the results are like....the pros seem to get spectacular results [i guess you would attach to the inside of the port on the housing or would it be the cameras lens ?]

although i see they do recommend reasonably shallow dives

Our #6441.46 blue water and #6441.86 green water filters fit our housing for the Canon SX200. Either can be removed and replaced while underwater, so you aren't limited to shooting a filter throughout the entire dive. We don't sell them direct but they can be ordered through any Ikelite dealer.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

I've been looking for a suitable underwater camera myself, and was leaning towards this Canon, now I'm not so sure. On land I currently use the Panasonic FZ 7 which is a few years old, but is basically aa 12x Optical zoom camera with manual controls etc. Noone does a case for it though. This Canon seemed like it might be a compact replacement for the Pana so I don't have to carry 2 cameras around (I travel for work and have limited luggage space).

I'd be interested to see any underwater shots anyone does take with this camera - I'd like to see how much that flash problem shows up!

Or if anyone can offer up advice on a full manual, compact camera (without the superzoom) if I do have to carry around two cameras???

I have the SD960 and the only time I ever have the vignetting problem is when I'm shooting less than a couple of inches from my subject.

Attachments

• IMG_0155-1.JPG
    IMG_0155-1.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0177-1.JPG
    IMG_0177-1.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0173-1.JPG
    IMG_0173-1.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0196-1.JPG
    IMG_0196-1.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 96
I ended up buying a Canon SD780 and the Canon WP-DC31 housing. I am going to Bonaire Saturday and will post samples in the regular photography category or the Lesser Antilles section.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom