Canon S Series at night?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grajan

Contributor
Reaction score
We plan to do a lot of night diving on our trip to Bonaire. I have been searching the threads for general tips (thank you Blacknet, Dee and others) but I was wondering if anyone had an specific tips for the Canon cameras.

I have the S45 without external strobe.

Thanks

You will definitely needs some kind of modeling light so your camera can focus. One reason I really like the Ikelite strobe is the built in modeling light. I am not sure how you would go about setting up a modeling light for your set up but you will definitely need something that is attached to your camera housing otherwise shining light with one hand and taking a picture with another hand is almost impossible, I would think.
When I do night dive, I also use my Ikelite modeling light as my main light source.

I use my canister light to light the scene. Depending on vis I sometimes can get away with using the internal flash.

This is tricky. I imagine that the external strobe / modelling light is a much better approach.

It also helps if your buddy lights while you shoot. This requires a good buddy.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom