Canon PowerShot A85 and Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaybob217

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,
I'm fairly new to diving and underwater photography (I currently use a SeaLife Reefmini just for point and shoot). I friend has a Canon PowerShot A85 and the Canon WP underwater housing for it. He said he'd sale it to me for $100. The entire package... and he just had the camera serviced. Any experience or suggestions with the A85?

Sounds like a great deal to me considering the housing itself is close to $200. Has anyone used the PowerShot A85 for underwater shots?

Sounds like a great deal. Although it's only 4mp, it has everything else you need for UW shooting including full manual control, custom white balance. I shot a 2.1 mp Sony for a few years (my son is still using it) and for normal computer display and up to 9X12 prints it worked just fine. Unless you're planning to make wall size posters, the only drawback will be limited cropping size. Your pictures will be pixelated if you go too small.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom