Canon Powershot 1000 - Newbie Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KARLUG

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am new to photography and want to get some underwater gear for my PS 1000.
Interested in Ikelite housing and ds51 strobe. Cost of the strobe and housing is in the $800 range. Wanted some experienced people to give some advice here. Do you think that this camera would work well or am I wasting money investing in the equipment for such an inexpensive camera?

I also own a Nikon d40 but the accessories (housing & strobe) are about $2,000. Would it be better to "bite the bullet" and equip the Nikon or try the Canon out?
I'm a newbie and am wondering if it would make much difference?

Thanks

:blinking:I'm new at this also, i just got an SD 870 IS for my first under water camera , I plan on getting the Ikelite housing, the DS-51 is rather limited as to the usage you'll get from what i've read in the posts anyways, probably a good starter strobe though and it's what i'll most likely start off with, I'm saving for the EOS 50D coming out next month and plan on using it for surface photos for a while as you said housing and the better strobes are very costly, get real good with th PS and when you feel you've outgrown it move it on up is my plan. Have fun that's we're doin it for ain't it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom