Canon G9 - DY.WA180 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Paul

To be clear with you the WA180 round fish eyes in 180° have no vigneting, this is just a round pictures like all real fish eyes on the market (Sigma or else)

When you zoom the pictures is no more round so no more fish eyes but become ultra wide angle lens starting at 160°, if you zoom more you can have 140°, more 110°....

This is clear for you ?
Thank you for your interest in DYRON products.

Hi Hubert, from the extreme point of having a black circle at 180 degress to the pont of seeing none of the edges of the circle at all, at what angle does this occur? The circle does not disappear as soon as you touch the zoom, it gradually goes away as you zoom in, correct?
In other words....do you see any of the edges of the circle in the corners at 160 deg, do you see any of the circle at 140 deg? or 130 or even 110 or 100?
I have also tried Florence via email but I am not sure if she understands my question either, sorry if I am misunderstanding it myself!?

Paul,

The circle disapear when you are in 160°, you have to zoom from 180° to 160° to eliminate the round picture effect.
You don't see something more that the pictures in 160° or 140°, we are manufacturer, diver, photographer our pleasure is to create good products with perfect quality for customers, we take time, we test and we only sell products when we are sure this is what customer want, if you want vignetting or abberation i know lot of brand can sell you some "wide angle" or "fish eyes".....

Hope i have answer to your questions.

Thank you Hubert, yes this answers my question, I want to buy one but have to wait a while to sell my current wide angle lens and save up for the remaining sum, I hopefully aim to buy it before Christmas as I am going to Manado then :)

Hi Hubert,

I am very interested in the Dyron Fish-Eye for my and my son's G9s and Ikelite housings and would like to be able to have a look at one. Can you please let me know when and where they will become available in the UK? Unfortunately Cameras Underwater are not able to give me any information. Perhaps it will be possible to see one at the Dive Show at the NEC, Birmingham in October?

Hi Hubert,

I am very interested in the Dyron Fish-Eye for my and my son's G9s and Ikelite housings and would like to be able to have a look at one. Can you please let me know when and where they will become available in the UK? Unfortunately Cameras Underwater are not able to give me any information. Perhaps it will be possible to see one at the Dive Show at the NEC, Birmingham in October?

No reply then Hubert... So may offer this constructive observation to you? Each and every one of my direct emails to Dyron and also those I have sent via your www site have also remained unanswered. Similar comments from others frequent the internet forums.

On this basis I am EXTREMELY RELUCTANT to purchase any Dyron equipment as the evidence is that your company is unable to provide effective customer support. Goodness knows what level of service a customer would receive if a problem occured followng a purchase.

Hubert. I'm out...

Hi Timmoranuk,
Sorry for our late answer but we were out of the office for several days.
My name is Christel. I am in charge of the Dyron Export Department.
Regarding Camera Underwater they are not yet ready to distribute our brand. We are working on finiding the best way to offer our wide and good range of products in UK. SInce then you can contact me directly as often as you want for any questions: christel@dyron.fr.
Regarding the UK Dive Show I'll be there on Saturday with one WA180PRo for G9.
I'll be glad to show it to you. Please email me an apointment hour.
As a reminder the WA180PRO is with a HD lens for HD cameras (specially for the video), the WA180 is for non HD cameras.
I am sorry but I didn't get any emails from you so feel free to email me again all your questions.
Best regards.
Have a great day.
Christel.

DYRON will attend both UK Dive SHow and DEMA
Please contact Christel DELMAS (export manager) for any appointments and demand: christel@dyron.fr
UK Dive SHow: she will be at the show all saturday long. Please give us a time for a meeting on the Camera Underwater booth.
DEMA: booth 983
Feel free to contact Christel for any informations: christel@dyron.fr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom