For Sale Canon G16, Fantasea FG16 housing, BigEye Dome, tray, and more

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChase

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Selling a huge lot of Canon gear! Camera is in awesome condition with no issues! Housing is great with no problems or scratches on the lens. Asking $800 for everything - FREE shipping & insurance anywhere in the US.

Includes:
Canon G16
Fantasea FG16 housing
Sea & Sea strobe dive tray with dual 1 inch ball mount grips
Fantasea BigEye Dome Wide Angle Lens
Fantasea EyeDaptor 67mm adapter
Vello ShutterBoss remote and bulb
2 - Sea & Sea 6 inch strobe arms (1 inch ball)
2 - Sea & Sea trays (1 with an additional ball mount)
16gb Sandisk Ultra SD memory card
4 batteries - 1 OEM Canon, 3 aftermarket
OEM Canon Battery Charger
Canon neckstrap
58mm Tube Adapter with lens cap
6 piece lens set with carry pouch: including ND 2, 4, 8, polarized and UV filters
neoprene lens bag
Fantasea O-ring removal tool
Silicone Grease
Original misc paper work
BONUS - foam case inserts! Free and fit camera and accessories (22x11.5x3.5)

Attachments

• IMG_4479.jpg
    IMG_4479.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_4478.jpg
    IMG_4478.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_4481.jpg
    IMG_4481.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_4485.jpg
    IMG_4485.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_4486.jpg
    IMG_4486.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_4488.jpg
    IMG_4488.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_4489.jpg
    IMG_4489.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_4491.jpg
    IMG_4491.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_4492.jpg
    IMG_4492.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_4466.jpg
    IMG_4466.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Can you confirm the size of the various balls? The arms appear to be Sea & Sea arm VII which have 27mm balls, larger than 1 inch. Are they all compatible? What type of clamps did you use?

The red arms and tray units are the Sea & Sea arm VII set, however they are not 27mm balls, they are the standard 25.6mm / 1 inch balls. I have both Sea & Sea clamps and Nauticam / Inon clamps and have mixed and matched my gear as I have bought a new system for the G7x with the Nauticam Flex tray. But, this Sea & Sea gear has been used in conjuction with my Nauticam / Inon gear with no issues. I just have more arms and trays than I need.

Are you sure? My S&S arm VII balls are 27mm. I want to learn something here about ball size compatibility.

I originally (naively) purchased a complete camera set from my LDS and later discovered that the S&S VII arm balls were a non standard size (not 1 inch). Bigger than normal. Bigger than normal balls is not a problem I am used to...

Maybe my real problem was that the other "very small balls" I later bought on a S&S housing were 24.7mm. These other small balls are smaller than 1 inch (25.4mm). <insert small balls joke here...sucks to be me...>

Bottom line: The 27mm S&S VII arm and 24.7mm balls do not mix well. This is using the S&S arm VII clamps (which I love).

Maybe the S&S VII 27mm and normal 1 inch balls (25.4mm) mix okay? Can you re-measure your balls?

This is sucha dirty conversation... hahaha.

They measure 1 inch - and its hard to say if its really 25.4mm or 26mm because .6mm is soooooo small that unless I had calipers I cant tell the difference. But, the rubber o-ring insert that is in them compresses or forms to fit a seal.

All of that being said, the camera has been sold - or at least is sold pending payment.

If the sale falls through, I will let you know!

Sorry. I am not trying to be a dick (maybe? your call...) I do have calipers. And I have a bunch of 27mm S&S arm VII arms. Way too many because I thought they were non standard.

I want to sell them off and I am trying to learn what they are compatible with. They do not work with my skinny b*tch 24.7mm balls. Which also appear to be non standard.

I seem to have big balls and small balls. My balls are not normal?

Just trying to learn....

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom