Canon AL80/Al8000is vs. Olympus 710/720sw

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uminchu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm sure this has all been said before... but i'm in the market, and i couldn't find anything so...
Which do you recommend? I am a canon guy for above the water, but i'm looking for something with a decent case... and preferable half decent above water shots too.
Canon AL80
Canon AL8000is
Olympus 710
Olympus 720SW
These all have housings now...
Which do you like? If you like the olympus', is it work getting the 720? I know flooding would be less of a concern, but apart from that? Or for canon the 8000?
Any advice would be appreciated!
I'm not a pro. Just an enthusiast.
Thanks

Have you compared them side by side at www.dpreview.com ?

Might be a good start if you haven't. I haven't seen a lot of members here with those models but hopefully someone will chime in!

Also check out the link in my sig for some other info that might be useful as you decide.

Canon IXY 800is... is the SD700is in the US... Sorry, i'm looking in Japan... anyway, i'm thinking of picking one up. I'm worried if i don't buy the casing right away it'll be hard to find. Do you believe this to be true?

that's for your advice... i went for it and got the Canon... it's a real nice camera above the water, i can't wait to see what can be done down deep!
Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom