Canon a620 and canon housing GREAT PRICES

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CGonTheWay

Reaction score
I just purchased and have now received the canon a620 and canon housing

For anyone that may be looking to purchase these I wanted to post where I got them from and the prices.

the housing came from www.newegg.com I got it for 154.95 plus 5.64 for shipping

The Camera I got from www.rainbowtronics.com for $217 with free shipping. I also got a free camera case, table top tripod, lense cleaning kit and lcd protector for sending them confirmation of filling out seller ratings at some different sites(no hidden catches.)

I thought this a great deal so I thought I would pass it on to you all.

I'd just like to say good luck with your new toy, may it bring you many hours of underwater enjoyment and help preserve those precious memories :wink: the casing is rated to 40metres but make sure you maintain the seals with the lube provided, if they dry out and become brittle well you know...

also you should invest in a couple of extra weights for the housing, as you dont want it to shoot to the surface and be lost, its easier to find if your already close to the bottom and you drop it, on the other hand lol you dont want to drop it over the boat and have it lost in water deeper than you can dive, or to a strong current.

Great that you took a punt on rainbow. It's always nice to have more options when looking for toys and hearing that someone had good response from a company is important.

CGonTheWay:
The Camera I got from www.rainbowtronics.com for $217 with free shipping. I also got a free camera case, table top tripod, lense cleaning kit and lcd protector for sending them confirmation of filling out seller ratings at some different sites(no hidden catches.)

I thought this a great deal so I thought I would pass it on to you all.

I guess that price is long gone...
Availability:Not Available

Our Price:$499.00
Qty:

I got my whole setup (camera, case, and moisture muncher) shipped for $412 from Adorama. I've dealt with them many times for camera equipment and while they're not as friendly as B&H, I've never had an issue.

Any reason I shouldn't use a bolt and some washers as weights if I need it rather than the expensive kit?

vondo:
I got my whole setup (camera, case, and moisture muncher) shipped for $412 from Adorama. I've dealt with them many times for camera equipment and while they're not as friendly as B&H, I've never had an issue.

Any reason I shouldn't use a bolt and some washers as weights if I need it rather than the expensive kit?

Wouldn't Lead tape be a better choice? They have them in Tennis pro shops... Less chance of scrathing up things... YMMV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom