Canon A570 or sealife Reefmaster DC600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm going on my honeymoon to St lucia in early June so I need to purchase a camera ASAP. What should I get the Sealife Reefmaster DC600 with strobe or the Canon A570 with housing and strobe? I've been researching left and right and everyone has their own opinion. please help I want to practice with it before we go. Please be specific in your suggestions with stobes and accessories needed to buy with them. Thanks in advance, Autumn

I prefer the Canons hands down.

If you have the budget, get a strobe. If you don't, simply get the camera and housing to start with.

Whatever you get, learn it before you go. Figure out its minimum focus distance, know what the buttons do, get familar with it.

No reason you can't get nice shots with the camera/housing alone, but a strobe will greatly increase your choices. It will also increase your learing curve, but it's worth it in the end.

ok i think i've decided on the canon a570, which strobe should i get that won't break the bank. i've looked at the fantasea Nano with extra focusing light. the sealife digital strobe doesn't seem that great. what about the sunpak g flash?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom