Canon 720IS, Canon 870 SD or other?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mesje

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to ask you for some help. I am going to diving in 2 months, and since there is no chance to buy the UW case for my old Fujifilm F30, I am going to buy new camera with a housing. But I am not sure which is most suitable for UW photography. I dont want to spend much money neither for the camera nor for the housing, so I am considering about these:
- Canon A720 IS
- Canon 870 SD
- or recommend me other
The first one is cheaper than the second one, but A720 is only 35mm wide - but on the other hand, has better zoom.
Please advise me which camera is most suitable for UW photography.

Hi, I don't know much about underwater photog, but I went with an 870 IS because of the wide angle, and I'm very happy I did, it's a great little camera. My biggest complaint would be the power button, which gets accidentally turned on in my carrying case too often. But zoom, imagine quality, size, video modes, are all great IMO.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom