For Sale Canon 5D MkII Camera Body * Great Condition * $850

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
This is a great camera! Nothing wrong with it, just time to upgrade. Perfect opportunity to get a professional camera for cheap! This Full Frame camera is awesome, shoots amazing video too. Add it to your bag today!

Shutter count?

Shutter count?

That's a great question, not an easy one to answer however. I've been trying to figure out how I can access that information - with no luck. We are CPS members and Canon said that they only way to really know is to send the body in to get it serviced.

Let me know if you know another trick to figure it out.

My best guess is that they each have around 100,000 shutter clicks?

From my cameras, plugging it in to a computer and using some of the canon control software can give you the current shutter count. Don't know for sure about the 5D though.

From my cameras, plugging it in to a computer and using some of the canon control software can give you the current shutter count. Don't know for sure about the 5D though.
Thanks for the tip!
I actually tried that yesterday with no luck. I also read about some third part software that I tried and also didn't work. Another attempt was to use the metadata in an image file, some say it may contain the shutter count somewhere. So far, no luck!

Back
Top Bottom