Canon 270 with DC-40. What strobe and wide angle adapter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi All,
I've had my Canon s70 camera with the DC40 housing without a strobe for about a year. I've taken some decent macro shots without a problem but would like to get a strobe for obvious reasons. (I am hoping to upload some pictures to scubaboard soon)

I am still contemplating between a relatively inexpensive one like Sealife 960d (which I heard is quite good for an amateur photographer) vs a more expensive setup like INON s-2000 w or Sea&Sea YS-90dx. I've read good things about the latter two, but does anyone have a feedback on the Sealife 960d?

Also, in the future I would like to get a wide angle lens, but for now, I've only heard of one adapter that would work with DC40 housing that is INON AD mount. Are there any other mounts available for DC40 housing? Also, if I buy a strobe now, will I be at a disadvantage later where the lens adapter doesn't fit with a particular strobe? Should I be looking into the compatibility in advance?

that was a lot of questions, but I appreciate in advance for you answers/opinions..

-s

Back
Top Bottom