Cannot find a battery kit for BUD computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texasguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Looked everywhere, cannot find a battery kit for my B.U.D. computer. Well, I found what battery to use but what about o-ring? It is strange that the kit is not for sale... What gives?

That is what I gathered but why is it so hard for Oceanic to add "BUD" to the description to be super sure?

Their tech support people are usually pretty good. Give them a call and ask.

As a betting man, I would say you need a 026 o ring.

Pm me and I will get you one. Need an addressed/stamped envelope and call it $0.25. Need to make a dime profit for my trouble. Beats the $22 they are charging for the kit.

You can also check with your LDS for a ring. If they are customer friendly, they may have one for you.

As a betting man, I would say you need a 026 o ring.

Pm me and I will get you one. Need an addressed/stamped envelope and call it $0.25. Need to make a dime profit for my trouble. Beats the $22 they are charging for the kit.

You can also check with your LDS for a ring. If they are customer friendly, they may have one for you.

Already ordered a battery, an o-ring, some grease as a kit for $12 from an eBay. But thanks for the offer.

Those "kits" always make me laugh. You pay outrageous prices for a battery and an o-ring. Lol. O-rings are a few cents and the battery can be picked up at a store in your own town. My computer uses a CR2450. I think I paid $4 for the battery and .02 for the o-ring. I don't know how people can smile and pay $25 for two things they could get for a fraction of the cost just because it's a "kit".

Anyway, the kit came, I changed the battery & o-ring, dove it last weekend, evidently no leaks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom