Cannon S400 help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have a Cannon S400 and a Wp-dc800 case. I was going to get the S&S YS-90dx strobe to go with it. My question is what tray do I purchase for this camera? Also how can I attach macro and wide angle lenses to the housing? I have seen setups for other cannons but not the S400. Thanks for the help..

Take a look at the tray & arm section of Yuzo's site in Japan. The Fisheye tray may very well accomodate your housing. One of the trays has a bridge on it for a WAL. Yuzo has the "gooseneck" and ball joint type arms for the Sea & Sea strobe as well as other strobes. It's kind of a build to suit your needs system. I don't see a leash on the WAL mount but I think you could add your own.

Hi there...I have a Canon S400 and housing and a Sea&Sea strobe. Originally I bought the Sea&Sea DX tray and arm, but have recently run into a problem with it. I now want to add the Inon AD lens adaptor, that allow me to add macro/wide angle lenses/filters to the camera and it will not work with this tray. So I sent an email to ULCS to see if the Inon lens adaptor would work with their digital tray. At first they did not know, as they were not aware of the Inon adaptor, but after taking a looking and talking with Ryan at Underwatercamerapros.com, they worked out that you can use the ULCS digital tray with or without the Inon adaptor. Whilst I have not yet got around to buying it, this is what I am planning on doing. The ULCS digital tray is a very good one, with a nice handle and the ability to take most arms on top of it. My plan is to use my loc-line arm on top of the handle, to give me the flexibility of positioning. I was also contemplating an additional piece to allow me to attach a UK Q40 dive torch as a focus light.

As I say, I have not got around to buying this new setup, but I have spent a fair amount of time researching it and feel that it is the best way to go for me. ULCS have been incredibly helpful and if you are in the US, Ryan at Underwatercamerapros.com should be able to sort out both the tray, arm and lens adaptor for your S400. I will post a pic of my setup once I have bought it (probably at the London Dive Show in March).

Hope this helps

One other thing....IMHO the best strobe on the market for consumer digital cameras is the Inon D180....just a thought.

ScubaHound:
I have a Cannon S400 and a Wp-dc800 case. I was going to get the S&S YS-90dx strobe to go with it. My question is what tray do I purchase for this camera? Also how can I attach macro and wide angle lenses to the housing? I have seen setups for other cannons but not the S400. Thanks for the help..

Hello everyone! Decided to stop lurking on this subject!

Although I am new to this board, I have had this camera and housing for about a year. I have the Epoque tray and WA lens, as well as the ES150DS strobe (All from Marine Camera). It all works well but can be frustrating because of the point and shoot nature S400 not allowing manual aperture and shutter settings. Great camera, you can have alot of fun with it!

The Epoque tray and WA lens has worked well, but the ES150 strobe takes some getting used to.

Ryan at UWCP is great to work with as well BTW. I just puchased another housing and strobe from him and highly recommend him and his advise!

Any other questions about the S400 / WP-DC800 I will try to answer. :) :)

Dave

Thanks for everyone input on this subject. I was thinking of going with the Epoque tray and Sea and Sea lenses. Are those two compatable with each other? Also does the Sea and Sea YS -90dx strobe attach easily to the Epoque tray? Thanks

ScubaHound:
Thanks for everyone input on this subject. I was thinking of going with the Epoque tray and Sea and Sea lenses. Are those two compatable with each other? Also does the Sea and Sea YS -90dx strobe attach easily to the Epoque tray? Thanks

The Epoque tray and lens adapter I have basically adapts any lens that works on the Oly PT-10 / 15 (I believe, I will have to look at my lens when I get home), as the Epoque lens I have is for that set of housings.

I cannot comment about the strobe attachment to this tray. One piece of advise on the strobe though is to get the fiber connector to it. I tried to use the Epoque strobe W/O the fiber and it was not consistent.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom