Info Cannery Row Aquatics Closing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm curious if anyone more local has any more info. Seemed like a quality operation with a premier location from my limited interaction with them. But not being a local, maybe I'm missing something. Hope all involved land on their feet.

They took over the place during the pandemic, I'm sure things have been very tough for them.
Only met the staff once but they seemed like good people.
Shame, but if it's the right thing... Just hope someone keeps the location as a scuba shop.

That sucks Adam is a good guy and always helped us with anything we needed. I was hoping he would make a go of it but that shop has changed hands a few times in the last few years.

changed hands too many times to build up a customer base. probably high cost of operation for the building too. the only advantage it has really is being convenient for fills next to breakwater, but questionable whether you can get enough volume that way to at least break even.

changed hands too many times to build up a customer base. probably high cost of operation for the building too. the only advantage it has really is being convenient for fills next to breakwater, but questionable whether you can get enough volume that way to at least break even.
Agreed -- though it's still sad to see a shop with a decent reputation close.

I recall two, maybe, three dive businesses in that space, next to Backscatter, over the years; so too, the fact that there are already three or four shops within easy walking distance of San Carlos Beach . . .

Agreed with all that has been said already. Always enjoyed going in there for conversation and gear. A good dude. Sad to see the shop close.

Back
Top Bottom