Canister light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba fryd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi i dive a xdeep stealth 2.0 rec and i dive a canister a and when am rigging my sidemoutn tanks i have trouble with my cabel getting tangled up and my light being in the way og my 1 stage what do u guys do to get the light out of the way

I have a custom length light cord that is snaked along the back of my harness and comes out behind my left shoulder. You could put a small clip halfway down the cord and clip to your left shoulder d-ring, run a chest strap to trap it, or put a bungee loop on the shoulder straps to keep the cord close to your armpit so it doesn't catch

I have a custom length light cord that is snaked along the back of my harness and comes out behind my left shoulder. You could put a small clip halfway down the cord and clip to your left shoulder d-ring, run a chest strap to trap it, or put a bungee loop on the shoulder straps to keep the cord close to your armpit so it doesn't catch
Yeah that helps with the first part but we're do i out the light head while attaching my tanks?

I am using Xdeep stealth rig as well and I have sidemount style (90 degree) canister. It is placed on crouch strap right below the dump valve and above the butt pouch.

Cable coming from right side, under the hip harness, light head clipped to right chest dring either temporarily or permanently therefore doesn’t interfere while donning and doffing tanks, also it works same as backmount doubles so standard practice for all types of diving (cable coming from right, over the long hose, in case of gas sharing under and over the head over the long hose etc).

Yeah that helps with the first part but we're do i out the light head while attaching my tanks?
Clip the Goodman boltsnap to d-ring, tuck the remainder of the light cord into your waistbelt

I clip it to my right shoulder d-ring when attaching my left tank, then move it to the left or, most likely, just let it hang down by the cable while I attach the right. Since I am usually leaning back a bit to do it the light head just rests on my crotch or on my left thigh.

Hello,

I have a custom made canister cord that snakes along the spine over the left shoulder to the left d-ring. The cord runs under the velcros of the weight pockets of the Xdeep Stealth 2.0.

You could either attach the light to your helmet when donning and doffing or flip it back such that it rests on your shoulder.

Best wishes Jens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom