canister light in Aluminium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aluminum has a much higher specific gravity than delrin or CPVC (2.6-2.8 vs 1.5) so is less negatively buoyant, helping prevent overweighting. or at least decrease

Do you mean the light head or canister? My light head and canister are both aluminum as is my heated suit battery (all MB-Sub. Not quite the same but there are many hand helds that are aluminium. I would assume if it was a problem then aluminium wouldn't be used at all.

ok 50F is hot, i was thinking around 35F

It's all relative. Sorry, can't help you then. Even if water temps got that low here not sure I'd be keen, 35F that's very chilly indeed. Good luck finding your answer. FWIW my canisters are made by Mb-Sub out of Germany and I know the lights are used in European waters where I'd imagine temps do drop to 35F.

i hesitate between delrin and aluminium for the canister, light will use aluminum.

Shoot Michael at MB-Sub an email, he's a nice guy and I'm sure would give you his thoughts. The fact that he uses aluminium leads me to believe that temperature is no issue, but I'm not the expert he is. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom