Cancun to Cozumel Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is great! Thank you Brian for posting. Thank you Tony for making.

Question please: Is there a limit to the amount of luggage you can have? Is there an additional cost per bag on top of the base fare of $114 pesos?

Just thinking ahead to whether or not we move to Cozumel. No airline flies direct TORONTO TO COZUMEL between May and October so we'd have to fly to Cancun and do the "BIG bag drag". 6 pieces total. 2 dive bags, 3 suitcases and one dog crate. Oh ya can we even take a dog on the bus. :D

My understanding is that you only ever buy a one way because going back at the time you want it may be the other ferry company. Same price so why wait. Always take the next one.

Betty.........I don't believe there is a limit on baggage that goes under the bus......and yeah, you CAN take animals in their cages underneath too.......HOWEVER, your poor little buddy would be terrified down there in the dark and would probably arrive half dead from the fumes. I sure as heck wouldn't do it! I had to transport two labs years ago (the other direction) and found a taxi for $40.......not too bad since the driver even let them travel outside their kennels, since I had to clam shell them...........good luck!

This should be a sticky.
Nice job Tony. I've done it a few times and its really no big deal. As long as your on the Yucatan, have a beer, grab a snack and relax.

My understanding is that you only ever buy a one way because going back at the time you want it may be the other ferry company. Same price so why wait. Always take the next one.
Yes, but he could have explained that in the video.

I agree with hiring a cab if you have a dog with you. Ask Chief for his guy's contact.

The chief sent me his van guy's contact info. Thanks!

The more I do a comparison between retiring in Hong Kong versus Cozumel...Coz keeps coming up the winner. It will be weird this time in November to go not just as a tourist but as a possible new place to live.

Betsyinczm: Sorry I didn't reply to your post before. It kind of upset me to think that they would really put my dog under the bus. :shocked2:

I had read somewhere that most Mexicans don't consider dogs as pets like we do in North America but even so your statement caught me off guard. I didn't know how to response.

Just for the record I post a ton of replies that no one answers. I don't take it personally. Sorry if I offended you. Thank you for your PM.

Betty

Betsyinczm: Sorry I didn't reply to your post before. It kind of upset me to think that they would really put my dog under the bus. :shocked2:

I had read somewhere that most Mexicans don't consider dogs as pets like we do in North America but even so your statement caught me off guard. I didn't know how to response.

Just for the record I post a ton of replies that no one answers. I don't take it personally. Sorry if I offended you. Thank you for your PM.

Betty
I miss the Thanks button. Betsyinczm posted very helpful information, but a hard post to Like given that it says you have to put your dog in the luggage compartment on a bus - which sounds deadly. It would be silly for someone to expect a reply to a post tho.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom