Cancun Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

finfin

Registered
Reaction score
I have a trip comming up at the end of August, and was trying too avoid AquaWorld for my Dive plans, Can any one recommend a decent dive operator, that would be patient with an elderly diver, and have safe rental equiptment.
I dove with AquaWorld a few years ago, and found them quite rude, and could care less about there divers.
Im not here too slander anyone, I am only going on my experience.
I did a wreck dive at over 80ft, and then over a shelf, combinded with a huge swim back to the boat, that had drifted away, put me into deco, and I had an 8 minute stop...there was never a chance of me cutting short my hang time, but was being motioned by the operators too get in the boat. (screw you buddy).
This year I will have the pleasure of my 65 year old father diving with me, and he is a newbie. So, again if any body know of some decent folk, I would really appreciate it, Thanks, Peter

I'll be honest with ya... I took a trip with Aquaworld several years ago out for a night dive off of cozumel, and I was really happy with it. I know several here have had bad experiences... but if you check your rental equipment ahead of time and you don't get on a boat with too many divers... you'll probably be alright.

Try Manta Divers, Mimi and John are the nicest people, give them a call or send them an e-mail, i had a great time diving with Manta. I'm surprise to hear the people from Aquaworld were rude to you, i do not like to dive with them because the size of the operation, but they were super nice to me a couple years ago.

Go with manta dive shop but ask for Alex and Nicole ( Dive Masters)......they are the best. I was there in Feb and i had a blast. Alex was awsome and he made my trip .They made this cool DVD of our 4 day dives and it is worth every dollar.
Hope ya have fun........:mooner:

Scuba Cancun is a class act, as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom