Cancun dive ops - any recommendations for advanced divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shoc369

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend dive ops in Cancun for advanced divers? Thanks!

Most of the dives are at 60 ft. reefs, there are two wrecks that I'd consider advanced dives,can be a wicked current and ofcourse overhead environment.

Your best bet Is Manta Divers /mantadivers.com

I really like the Cenote dives with these folks as well

just got back from cancun. i dove with scuba caribe(located on hotel riu cancun beach). we had a great time. realy enjoyed the divemasters that we dove with. no more than 4 divers per DM. may be the shortest boat ride to the reefs(5-7 min) & wrecks(15min). the only problem was one tank dive only. but we stay at the hotel so no big deal for us.

Please do not go with Manta-it is a poorly run operation. Go with Octavio at Nautilus. I promise he is the best and has been diving for 20 years. He knows the area extremely well and is very good at adjusting his dives according to the diver's level of experience. From US- 011-52-998-892-1148 for reservations. HAPPY DIVING!

I've dove with all three of these dive ops mentioned more than once.

Nautilus and Manta often pool their people together,if Manta needs an extra boat it will be Nautilus,I've also done night dives through Manta that are on the Nautilus boat when there weren't enough people from either operation.Both are good ops and symbiotic at times. Octavio is a great guy at Nautilus

My biggest recollection of Caribe was that they probably have the newest and nicest dive boat,well appointed and a perfect setup for a small boat.I didn't like there scheduling as mentioned above compared to the other two.

You'll get many opinions,but these three are a good start,since they are in fairly close proximity you might want to visit a couple and decide.if you're renting gear maybe one op has nicer or more familiar stuff and that may be the deciding factor. They all dive the same reefs.

Rondo:
My biggest recollection of Caribe was that they probably have the newest and nicest dive boat,well appointed and a perfect setup for a small boat.I .

you mean this boat??? :eyebrow:

I forgot to mention the post dive cervezas the captain likes. :11ztongue

Actually that's not the boat I remember,but she was a beauty before the crash. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom