Cancun - dive op recommendation w/free transport to/from hotel, discover dive option

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kdp77

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there, looking for recommendation on dive operations, prefer, free transportation to/from hotel and 'discover diving' option. In addition, while my son needs discover diving, my husb. and I are PADI AOW, so would like a place we can chill while he's doing his class/ pool/shallow beach work.
Thanks!
Kim

have you thought about just catching a bus/taxi to Playa Del Carmen? The hassle is a 40-50 minute ride down, the upside is huge selection of well run dives shops, lots for you to do while he does the pool work/ shallow water dives, you have the option of eating/shopping/cenotes/beach clubs etc and no car needed. I know a lot of people do the day trip to Playa just as an excursion but might make sense in your case, sorry not familiar enough with Cancun diving to make recs on their shops. In Playa everyone has their favorite shop but search the boards and lots of recommendations. I can tell you who I've used but I'm biased since I almost always dive with them

Yea, head to Cozumel or PDC....not the greatest of diving in Cancun....Cozumel will fit your needs perfectly.

Hi I dove with Aquaworld.
They are located in Cancun. The dive boats depart from the interior lagoon. I did a 2 tank excursion to the C-58 wreck plus a shallow second dive.
They have booths in several all-inclusive hotels there.
So far so good.
They are near the hotel where I was, so I could go there walking. The dive boat for certified divers depart early in the morning plus all preparations, waivers, wetsuit rental and so on.

I live in Cancun and I have a great recommendation for you. I received my PADI open water certification about 6 months ago from Ivan at XP diving. The marina is behind Hotel calypso which is inside the hotel zone. There is a nice peaceful pool and restaurant area to relax at while your son is learning.

This was a few years ago but I Did not like Aquaworld. I do not mind big boats and like the room but did not like their operation. Did several dives with Manta Dives. Did C-58 and several reef dives. Sort of slow drift dives. Saw plenty of life. Also tagged along on a discover scuba one afternoon to just be in the water. Noticed that they took the discover diver to an open area with less reef structure and more sand (which is good). Viz was excellent so I hung out over a nearby reef about 40 ft away and watched the fishies. There is a free bus that runs frequently up and down the island. I would just hop on that and get off at the dive shop. Manta in in the hotel zone. I found the reefs enjoyable. Some pictures at
Cancun

Back
Top Bottom