Cancun - Cinco de Mayo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am working on planning a trip to Cozumel the first week to 10 days of May. I would like to get 5+ days of diving in, and or a couple night dives in. There is nothing like diving at night Over there. WOW,

Where are you planning on staying, who are you planning on diving with?

Mike

Hi Mike,

I go to Cancun 2-3 times per year. Each visit is usually 7-8 days.

I have so many friends and contacts in Cancun I keep my base in Cancun and do travel from there frequently. A good part of this trip will be diving but I have other agendas too.

I will most likely be there May 1-8 and who I am going with is still up in the air.

Bill

That Cinco de Mayo is not Independence Day here in Mexico, it is the anniversary of the Battle of Puebla, on the same importance level of Flag Day in the US... the only folks getting crazy are the gabachos in Carlos and Charlies screaming "Cinco de Mayo, man"

The Corona (Mexico's Pabst Blue Ribbon) beer company has a great marketing company who created this holiday to sell beer

The Mexican Indepedence Day is a lot of fun - called "el grito" - Sept. 15th - when a huge party is organized at the Palacio Municipal, kind of like the set up that we have for Carnaval and at midnight, people all accross Mexico scream (gritar) "VIVA MEXICO"....not a lot of visitors here off-season, so it is mainly enjoyed by the locals... too bad in my opinion because it is a lot of fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom