Cancun Area July 14-21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We are taking our first diving trip to Mexico this July. We are based in Cancun.

Right now our plan is:

2 days whale sharks, maybe staying at Holboxe one night. Recommendations on lodging and operators on Holboxe??

2 days reef diving. We want the very best spots anywhere in the area including Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, or others. Might be interested in big fish or maybe shark dives.

1 day cenote diving or in that underground river? We are PADI AOW and not cave certified. Suggestions??

In particular, we would suggestions as to really excellent operators.

Thanks in advance!!

Guy

If you are going to stay in Cancun than Scorpio will take you to all of those spots. Pick you up and drop you off at your hotel, small groups, great customer service. They will also keep your itinerary flexible so for example if the port at Cancun is closed 1 day they may take you to the Cenotes.

Cancun to Coz and back will be a 12 hour day for two dives. I highly recommend spending a couple of nights on Cozumel and getting in 2 or 3 days of dives there.

Gary

Hi-ScorpioDivers is a good dive co. I just returned from Cancun at xmas where I dove with Alvaro of AlwaysDiving. My wife is a new diver and Alvaro proved to be a fabulous divemaster/instructor. He is VERY patient, understanding, and knowledgeable as well as accommodating to meet all diver's needs. He is also a fine and honourable man whose greatest pleasures in life are family and diving. I wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend him. Email him at: chila9@prodigy.mx

Hey guys hope you have a great time diving in Cancun. There is however one tour that you guys haven't considered. Ecodiving Tours are running a unique sailfish snorkelling tour out of Cancun. This season will still be open when you guys are there so check out our website for further details of this remarkable open ocean spectacle.

Dive with passion - Ecodiving Tours

+1 for Alvaro from AlwaysDiving, as well as ScorpioDivers. You cannot go wrong with either.

We love the big fish, and always see tons whenever we're diving with Alvaro. He seems to attract them. :)

Hey Guy, you don´t need to stay in Holbox to go with the whale sharks, we have an operation tha goes every day to see them in the fastes boat in the area, we get in the boat in the morning at 7:00 am and we get back at 1:00 pm; I´ve been diving, as a dive instructor for the last 32 years in this area, so I know some realy good dive spots, not crowded, I usually do the dives in a way that you are going to have TIME to take pictures, I can take care for the cenotes too, drop me a line, you will not regreat my friend.
alvaro@alwaysdiving.com
Always Diving - the best diving xperencies.

Yes its true you can get a Fast DAY TRIP outta Cancun (we offer those as well) Home Page Directly from Cancun

OR, COME Visit Isla Holbox.........Just like Key West in the 50's or CROWDED Isla Mujeres in the 70's when It just had Golf Cars NOW ISLA's like a Zoo w/ 600 Rental Golf Cars competing with Cars & Trucks..YUCK!

Isla Holbox has only Golf Cars, Motos Bicycles etc on a 7 Mi long White Sand Golf Of Mexico Beach + NO ASPHALT! NO CARS!

Its like stepping BACK in Time & Doing the Whale Shark Tour where it All began in 2003.

LESS EXPENSIVE & Good For the Local Economy

Ck it out Whale Shark Tours by Holbox Tours & Travel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom