Cancelled/postponed trips due to COVID - please share your outcomes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You did not see thresher shark when you were with Atlantis in PG. Pity.
Malapascua does has few big wrecks and of course the thresher shark.
I did not, it was never even mentioned as a possibility. I was however blessed with a whaleshark that swam under our boat in Dumaguete just as we were splashing.

I didn't mean I needed all those elements in one place, I those are just some things I would look for. Malapascua has come up in research, I will check out Sipalay or Leyte.

1. The nearest airport to Sipalay is either Bacolod or Dumaguete.
2. Tacloban for Southern Leyte.

Southern Leyte was hit hard by typhoon Odette around this time in 2021.

Very encouraging from #4 and I am going there in few weeks time.

Is anyone else hesitant to book too far out in fear of a repeat of 2020?

I know I am not booking anything crazy expensive, especially in places that locked down hard during the pandemic. Going to Cayman Brac in February which looks safe and Carnival in Cozumel but I am leery of booking another Philippines trip for next fall.

I'm avoiding big plans.

No liveabords or double weeks. Only places that have a backup plan. Dominica has hiking in the rainforest for example. And the guides don't GAF about lockdowns.

Planning a few driving trips to Carolina instead. If that gets weathered out, I'll continue south to Tallahassee and visit friends. Swim with manatees and alligators instead.

It's an election year, so yeah, they're going to spin up a flu bug into another plague. Even if it kills people. They. Don't. Care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom