Cancellation Policies for New Bookings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pclark2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know of any place updating their policies for new bookings in Bonaire? I'm sure we're all eager to be able to go diving again once it is safe to do so, but that is impossible to predict. I would love to be able to go ahead and book something with decent airfare and everything, but still not be pressured to go ahead with it if things haven't improved enough (assuming flights even allowed, of course). And by cancellation policy, I also mean rescheduling/changing since I could guarantee making a trip at some point (I'm in major scuba withdrawal currently!) I personally am thinking ahead to like August/September time period (extremely optimistic I know), but I'm sure there are others considering other times too.

If I were thinking of going August/September, I would not book as yet. I'm sure that when/if the island does re open, there will be plenty of vacancies to choose from later.

Thank you! Yeah it may be best for me personally to wait at least a little while. It would be nice to get in on low airfare while airlines are desperate, but I have a feeling that too will be around for awhile (quick disclaimer, I have friends in the airline industry so I do hope they recover quickly).

Man I'm in serious withdrawal right now... Also doesn't help I finished off my bottle of Cadushy :-(

We are in the opposite situation. We were to be leaving this weekend and the place we were going to stay at did not inform us that refunds were not an option. I take exception with them not making an exception,
since there was no communication to us in this regard. They asked if we would “like” to reschedule, not that we had to. Or else. They did offer us no fees to reschedule up to 12 months from our original reservation. We would all love to be able to be on Bonaire right now, but this decision is up to the government of Bonaire and not something any of us has any control over. Who is to say things will be back to normal in 3 months, 6 months, 12 months. All we wanted to do was to not have our money tied up indefinitely. OUR desire to stay at this particular resort has not changed, only our ability to say when.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom