Canary Islands in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BuckBuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My wife and I are looking to go diving in the Canary Islands in March.
We have never been, and would welcome any advice as to which Island has the best diving.
We do not need any type of night life, and our non-diving time will consist of just lying aroung.
Thank you,
John

I've dived 5 of the larger 7 islands, I love that place very much. I don't know what kind of dives do you prefer? If you want to see a little bit of everything I recommend to visit Dive Academy in Gran Canaria, I dive with them for 3 times and we had a great time. The highlights of GC are the protected ares where you a lot of fish (just check this video), you can see many rays (if you're lucky the wonderful butterfly ray too) and you a have chance to see angel sharks. There are several wrecks too. Most of the dives are shore dives but they do boat dives as well. There are many exciting dive spots around Tenerife where you can see rays and huge turtles. In Tenerife you can join a whale watching daytrip as well- sadly it isn't possible with them anymore. (It was a stunning adventure!) Fuerteventura island is the home of huge groupers. In Lanzarote I saw seahorse, morays, rays, angel shark, crabs... The only place where the diving wasn't that much fun is La Palma because the shore dives were uncomfortable there, we had to walk way too much...

Feel free to ask about anything, I'll try to help you.

I nearly forgot a past article (The Archipelago of Diversity) which I wrote about a year ago for the Depth, you can find it here.

Hello Buck.

I recomend to you to dive in more than one island if it is possible for you because all of them they have a great value.

One of the best is "El Hierro" but i´m afraid now because of the volcano eruption is difficult.

I´m working on a dive centre in Lanzarote. This is one of the best islands for scuba diving. We have many dive sites for all levels and i think you will be very satisfied diving here.

If you need information contact us.

Native Diving
e-mail. info@nativediving.com

I quite enjoyed Lanzarote, not only for diving but also the island itself. You can find marine life, wrecks, some caverns...
Gran Canaria was also nice when I was there. Near Las Palmas there are some big wrecks and caverns and then you also have a protected area further south.
In La Palma diving can be great but maybe not as consistent and I haven't had to walk much on my dives and you can also have boat dives.
El Hierro should be the best but there was an underwater eruption and all diving was cancelled and the marine life disappeared. The eruption has now stopped but I'm not sure diving has resumed there. This only affected the south, diving kept going in the north and I heard it was also very nice.

Whatever you choose look at what the diving centres have to offer you and consider using more than one to get to the spots you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom