Canadian Coast Guard/DFO PSD Trainee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jazscam

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking at taking a job as a Public Safety Diver / Rescue Diver with the Canadian Coast Guard / Department of Fisheries and was wondering if anyone here has any info to provide.

I'm look for stuff like;
What standards they have in the recruiting process? What are some good courses to have before I apply?

Or what the job is like if I get in, pay, daily routine, actual coursing dates, stuff like that.

Thanks,

J

The CCG does not do Public Safety Diving..., they are strictly rescue and give themselves like an hour window or something and then if no luck they step aside and let the cops do the recovery. The only full time divers the CCG has that I know of is the crew out of Vancouver. I see you are out of Victoria so my suggestion would be give the gang a call in Vancouver and ask them your questions. I've met a few and they are decent guys. Get it right from the horses mouth, I'm sure they'll talk to you. Like most of us.., they love to talk diving!! Good luck

Yeah,

I think that's the way to go, thanks for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom